North Face Recon or Surge for MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by blue88, Sep 12, 2009.

1. blue88 macrumors newbie

Hello!

I recently bought a MacBook Pro 15 for school. I decided that I need a backpack for school because carrying my laptop around with my books in my arm just isn't working for me anymore. Plus, I could injure my Macbook! :eek:

Anyway, I have it narrowed down to The North Face Recon or The North Face Surge.

Anyone have any ideas on which one would be better?

I'm female BTW so the size is kind of important too. I am afraid the surge might be too big for me. I'm average height but I have read that the Surge is pretty large. However, I like the Surge because it has the dedicated laptop pocket and it is suspended off the bottom of the back.

The Recon is nice because it is a little smaller size and more compact but I don't like that is has no zippered pockets on the inside of it.

Any suggestions? Any females out there who use the surge and find it too big? I don't want to have this huge backpack that looks massive on me. Haha.

I'm just looking for some first hand experience with either one from people here because I can't find the Surge in stores around me so I will have to order it online.

Thanks! ;)

2. roger13531 macrumors newbie

I just bought a recon and I couldn't be happier. It's the perfect size (doesnt look all big and clunky), has a good amount of compartments, and also has an area for my mbp.