Northern Cincinnati (Sunday)

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by rlp2955, Mar 13, 2011.

1. rlp2955 macrumors newbie

Hey all...figured since I spent some time out at the stores this morning I would post what I (didn't) find. Went to two Targets...the one on Fields Ertel and one in South Lebanon. Also stopped at Wal-Mart in Deerfield. Nothing. I had called Target yesterday and the one said they might get some because it was expected to be in the circular this morning. There wasn't an ad in the circular however. Both Target managers said they had "no idea" when they would be getting them in.

I also called MicroCenter last night...they didn't have any either and "didn't know when" they would be getting them in. Best Buy on Fields Ertel is taking $100 reservations but they couldn't guarantee you would get one before you got them from Apple 3-4 weeks out. I bit the bullet and just ordered one online. Also stopped at Apple store in Kenwood...none there. I saw the poster said they were getting "daily" shipments but when I talked to a sales guy he said that was the first he had heard of that. Wasn't expecting any in on Sunday.

Anyway...would be great to keep a Cinci post open for people who do find one in the next week or so. I am going to keep calling around. Good luck all!

2. Slipg macrumors newbie

I stopped by Kenwood this morning to see if they had any. I asked one of the sales people if they had any, and she just said hopefully soon.

They do have a sign out that says they get them daily, but that does not seem to be the case. I'm sure they do that to keep their store full.

If you find any in Cincinnati, respond to this post. I need to test some apps on the device.

Cheers!

3. rp2955 macrumors member

anyone been by kenwood this morning (Monday?)

Interested if anyone has been up there to see if stock came in.

4. Slipg macrumors newbie

I went today at 9:45 AM, and they did not have any.

They had one white 32 GB Verizon 3G at MicroCenter mall. That was at about 10:30 AM. I posted about it to another thread.

5. rp2955 macrumors member

early open tomorrow?

I am going to call on my way home from work to see if they are opening an hour early like some others are reporting on this forum. Will post what I find out (if someone doesn't do it before me). Might be worth stopping by on way to work if that is the case.

6. Slipg macrumors newbie

It seems like they are open early every morning. I stopped by Saturday, Sunday, and today to get a device to test my software on, but they haven't had them when I got there.

But, I'm not sure if they are open early for sales, or if it's just for support.

If you call tonight, please post what you find out.

7. rp2955 macrumors member

anyone hitting Kenwood Wed morning?

After standing in line this morning, I am pretty tired of the runaround so will probably bow out. But would be interested in keeping tabs on the ongoing saga. I know a lot of folks left unhappy this morning. I called up there on my way home tonight and they didn't give any indication one way or the other on whether they will have stock tonight for tomorrow morning. If anyone hits kenwood tomorrow, can you update on availability?