norton 11 vs CalmXAV?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hehe299792458, Dec 16, 2008.

1. hehe299792458 macrumors 6502a

hehe299792458

Aside from the virtues of having an anti-virus in the first place (please, no debate on whether to have anti-virus for OS X in general), which is a better anti-virus solution? CalmXAV or Norton 11?

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

ClamXav, without a shadow of a doubt.

3. John T macrumors 68020

John T

4. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

Norton is an infestation in its own right. Clam is free and easy, and it sounds naughty. Bonus points for clam.

5. ChrisA macrumors G4

Either of these will eliminate all know Mac viruses. So they both are a 100% solution.

6. Salmar macrumors regular

I would stay away from Norton. It's bloated and their tech support usually goes unanswered, in other words it stinks.

7. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I don't understand why there is suddenly this mass influx of "What antivirus products to use" threads, have I been blocking them out or have they only just started popping up, and even then, why?!

Also, a virus would be better than Norton, not that you get any viruses on mac in the first place...

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

The best anti-virus on a Mac or PC? An intelligent user.

Pro tip: If the video you're trying to watch needs a codec that neither QuickTime nor VLC can't play... it's not worth watching.