Norwegian iPhone users

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SilentLoner, Sep 9, 2015.

1. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

Hello,

I am a new resident to norway and of course I want the new iphone as its announced whats the deal with telenor. How soon after the announcement will the phone be able to be preordered?

2. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

I'd imagine pre-orders for the usual countries will begin either this coming Friday or next Friday.

I'm not sure if Norway's release date is the same as US/UK in previous years?

3. SilentLoner thread starter macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

Not sure either but if not I'll pick it up outside of norway lol

4. AFIS macrumors newbie

Hey!

On the earlier releases we were kind of out of the loop for a while, pre-orders weren't available for weeks, even months after they released it in other countries (this especially happened with 5S). However, iPhone 6 were released the same date as UK, I believe.

In Norway we have something called "reklamasjonsrett", which is basically extended warranty, on all phones. The Norwegian Supreme Court have decided that every phone are supposed to last 5 years (I believe batteries are only two years), and if any (factory)problems occur before this you should get it covered. This does of course not apply if you crack your screen, or inflict damage to your phone. This is way better than AppleCare! But you must have bought your phone from an Norwegian retailer, and deliver it for repair within Norway. So buying your phone in the UK, or even Sweden leaves you out of this deal.

If you want to pre-order, you can do this from Apple (apple.no), Eplehuset (eplehuset.no), any major electronic store, or a carrier.

I recommend you to stay away from the two biggest carriers (Telenor and Netcom), as they are normally more expensive than others. Recommend checking Chess (Netcom-owned), Onecall (Netcom-owned), Talkmore (Telenor-owned) or Djuice (Telenor-owned).