General NoSpot - compatibility issues. Dev MIA

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Adutrumque, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Adutrumque macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

So I just noticed NoSpot hasn't been updated since 4.2.1. That's pretty nasty old.
    No wonder it must've given me compatibility issues.

I'm gonna try SpotLock and see how nice that is.

Also, what really disturbed me about NoSpot was that the screen was totally frozen . I mean. It wasn't even bouncing like it does when you're on the last page in springboard on the right . It was just rock solid and wouldn't move an inch .

Wonder if the developer can get his work together ...

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I'm using NoSpot on 4 devices, all on 6.1.2, jailbroken with evasi0n.
    Not seeing any issues.

3. Adutrumque thread starter macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

Wouldn't you like the bounce effect when you drag to the limit of where you can't go no more ?

4. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Springtomize does the same thing when you use it to disable spotlight. I emailed the dev last week to see if he can add the bounce effect but I never heard back. I would like the bounce effect but I can live without it.

5. iaymnu macrumors 6502

I have no issues with Nospot. 4s running 6.1.2

My understanding is that it removes spotlight page, therefore no more bounce. :confused:

6. dgstan macrumors 6502a

I had NoSpot installed and it worked fine on iOS 6.x. I think the reason the developer isn't responding is because it works fine. I upgraded to Springtomize, so I don't use it any more.

I only have one page on the phone, so I couldn't care less about the "bounce".

7. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

It doesn't bounce when you have no more pages, why would it bounce when you remove spotlight?

8. Xenomorph macrumors 65816

Xenomorph

It would be nice to have the bounce. My icons bounce when I hit the right-most page, so why not the left?

I think I tried another program's method of removing Spotlight (Springtomize?), but it caused weird graphic issues with Barrel, so I went back to the "no bounce" NoSpot.

9. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

No problems whatsover with NoSpot and having been using it for a long time.

10. dgstan macrumors 6502a

The nice thing about using Springtomize to get rid of Spotlight Search is that if I want it back temporarily, I can turn off the toggle in SM. If you're using NoSpot, you have to delete the package and then re-install it later.

11. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Have to respring though.

12. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

why should it bounce? (springtomize doesn't either). there's NO page to the left of the homepage, that's the whole idea...

pages bounce at the end (on the right) because there are more potential pages there...