Not a fan of the changeable keyboards

Jack Delgado

macrumors regular
May 11, 2012
Your voice isn't necessarily the "collective", but I find it extremely humorous that for the past few years, people have complained about not being able to switch from the stock keyboard, to right now, not but a little over an hour from the announcement, complaining about the introduction of changeable keyboards.

Keep the stock keyboard. Don't change it. That's the solution. You do realize that, correct?

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2011
The keyboard is not fine...another row for numbers without pushing shift was a main reason for my JB. This will fix that.

Richardgm

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Apparently they'll give us the option to switch back to the Pre iOS 7 keyboard. This makes me happy.

GaresTaylan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2009
I dont understand what the issue is. If you don't like the optional keyboards then don't use them?

and LMAO at mods removing my previous post

klamse25

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2009
LOL why is this even an issue?

I'm not a fan of murdering people.
So guess what I do?
I don't murder people!
It's still an option though...

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
i want one that keeps the look of the iOS 7 keyboard but with different transparent color options plus low and capital letters incl. swipey so devs ... GET ON IT :D

basically the one i currently have ;)

Seriously. What is this with "I don't like options"--don't use them, that's why they are optional.
dont be rude. maybe he grew up in north korea

Last edited:

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
Seriously. What is this with "I don't like options"--don't use them, that's why they are optional.
One of the great harsh realizations of my life was realizing that these people are all around us. Lots of them end up in various positions in the power structure/government.

dumastudetto

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2013
I tend to agree with the OP. The beauty of iOS is Apple makes the best choices for consumers and delivers the perfect experience every time. If you start opening things up to developers who don't care passionately about perfection and delighting consumers in every possible way, you start degrading the overall richness of the iOS experience. Apple needs to tread carefully here.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I tend to agree with the OP. The beauty of iOS is Apple makes the best choices for consumers and delivers the perfect experience every time. If you start opening things up to developers who don't care passionately about perfection and delighting consumers in every possible way, you start degrading the overall richness of the iOS experience. Apple needs to tread carefully here.
People can still use the native/stock keyboard and other pieces/apps. Those who try out other ones and if they are not to their liking/standard can also return to the native/stock as well.

dumastudetto

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2013
People can still use the native/stock keyboard and other pieces/apps. Those who try out other ones and if they are not to their liking/standard can also return to the native/stock as well.
Yes of course technically it's possible to go back. But how many people will be capable doing it after having the fantastic idea of trying one of these alternative experiences? At best you'll be taking phone calls from confused family members wondering what they did and how they can change it back to the way it was.

The elegancy of simplicity is on the path to being lost here. That's why I say Apple needs to tread carefully in trying to satisfy the cravings of the relatively modest numbers of power users.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yes of course technically it's possible to go back. But how many people will be capable doing it after having the fantastic idea of trying one of these alternative experiences? At best you'll be taking phone calls from confused family members wondering what they did and how they can change it back to the way it was.

The elegancy of simplicity is on the path to being lost here. That's why I say Apple needs to tread carefully in trying to satisfy the cravings of the relatively modest numbers of power users.
If they can figure out what a third party keyboard even is and how to install one, they should be able to figure out how to change to a different one (including going back to the native/stock one).

Andy-V

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007
I tend to agree with the OP. The beauty of iOS is Apple makes the best choices for consumers and delivers the perfect experience every time.
Apple does what it thinks is best and then some people are happy. The Apple keyboard is absolutely not perfection (people are confused by whether the shift key is on!) and very basic in functionality compared to what some are doing with touch keyboards.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.