Not a fan of the control center gesture.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by veedubshafer, Nov 5, 2017.

1. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

I’m not sayin I hate the phone or anything like that. I actually love it all except the control center gesture location. I have big hands and am coming from 3 straight years of using a “Plus” size phone. Not sure if there’s other threads on this but just wanted to see how others are adapting to this particular thing.

2. dhy8386 macrumors 6502a

If you enable reachability it makes it much easier to do one handed. Agreed though placement is less than ideal but necessary compromise.

3. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Not a huge fan either. I definitely prefer the swipe up from the bottom gesture.

It’s just closer to my natural thumb position which is more convenient and ergonomic.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

There will be some adjustment for the X features. After a day plus some with mine, it is becoming natural. Do not even pay attention to the face ID. Just pick it up and swipe up and you are ready to go.

5. kevroc macrumors 6502

I personally like it... a lot. I disliked it previously because I would always collide with the keyboard or couldn’t get it to come up during a video. Always seemed a bit problematic. When I saw the X demo from the Keynote I thought “Finally, they fixed it”

I also love how it’s a partial gesture, you don’t have to swipe all the way down the screen, just a quick flick and it pops open. Really love it.

And to add a bit, with the home button before, there was just too much stuff going on down there. Now things are split out into separate places which to me makes more sense.

6. jettie1767 macrumors 6502

i preferred the swipe up for the control center because it was anywhere on the bottom part of the screen. Now, it just that little space on the upper-right hand corner. I'm getting used to it but it could have been better. The other thing is that why can't I just toggle between battery percent and the battery icon instead of having to swipe control center to see how much battery I have?

7. KingslayerG5 Suspended

KingslayerG5

On Android, we are used to toggle switches by pulling from the top. It's no big deal.

Samsung Pay is done from swiping up from the bottom of the screen. We have apps called Lazy Swipe by swiping up from the bottom corners. We have All-One-Gesture that does the same thing or from any side of the screen.

My Android homescreen consists of swiping up on an app icon to open up another app thanks to Nova. I have like a dozen+ shortcuts and gesture swipes to memorize if I wanted.

The gesture swipes on the new X looks very ABC to me. Very easy to memorize. Been wanting gesture control on iOS for four years now or four years after Palm showed the way with gesture swipes and wireless charging.

8. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

I think there are ways they could have improved the invocation of Control Center. Within apps, swiping left on the home bar currently does nothing. Could have it there.

On the home screen, swiping left or right on the dock does nothing. Could add it there.

Or how about at least making Control Center an app so I can put the icon anywhere I want?