Not a Mac but... Multiple Record Turntable

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by im_to_hyper, Jun 22, 2007.

1. im_to_hyper macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

So, some advice here is needed!

My grandma calls me her "electronics whiz kid" and wants me to find for her a turntable that can hold multiple records so that she doesn't want need to swap them out all the time.

Err.... I've hardly dealt with turntables in the first place, and the ones I *have* were all at her house! I figured this would make a nice grandma's birthday gift...thing.... or something. So if ya'll got some ideas let me know!

She's 76, so saying "Switch your collection to CD" is a no go. I've already got her up on the 'net with a Blue slot-load iMac with 10.3.9. I think the site she always visits is, well, WebMD and she likes to check her E-mail. I think once she ventured to Google to look for a recipe, but got scared when a popup came up on the website she went to.

OK thanks for advice!

2. bartelby macrumors Core

3. im_to_hyper thread starter macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

Wow, thank you. That looks perfect: I have been trying to find something for her off and on for three years, and never found anything like this... it should be perfect: thank you!

Now... to get her to learn that popups are not the government spying on her... or are they...

4. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

<old_timer_voice>Kids these days and their government spying! I tell you if kids acted better those boys in black would never have to spy! Its a shame!</old_timer_voice>

lol :D :)

5. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

A turntable that can hold muliple records... sounds to me that she want's an old fashioned jukebox!!