Not a photoshop.. WHITE ip4 is in AT&T's system

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fuzion, Jun 17, 2010.

1. fuzion macrumors 6502

Just says it's out of stock. I'm trying to see if I can find the 32 GB white. Right now i've only been able to find the 16.

Attached Files:

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

But it was never "in stock" so ATT saying it's "out of stock" is rather obvious. Given their crack web team I'd chalk this up to a computer glitch right now. Someone pressed a button they were not suppose to press.

3. br1an425 macrumors newbie

No one (inlcuding AT&T) is selling the White iPhone 4s. Period. Not "just the 16gb..". No one is selling any type of white iPhone.

4. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

IIRC, it was listed on their site on Tuesday, too--it was just that when you'd select the white color option, it'd say "out of stock" or "coming soon" or something like that. I got all excited for about half a second when I saw it listed there, only to have my hopes dashed the second I clicked on it.

5. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Not necessarily true. Best Buy sold me one. Whether I get it on the 24th or not is up for debate, but I have preordered mine.

6. fuzion thread starter macrumors 6502

I was mostly curious to see if AT&T even has it in their system, and they do!

Found the 32GB white as well

7. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

lol...they didn't sell you one...you gave them money for something they don't even realize they won't have.

8. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

It was always there, but when I looked at it (just to see what it would say), it said "Coming Soon!". This does not mean anything.

9. wishman35 macrumors regular

lol, what is up with these Best Buy people thinking that they are going to possibly be getting a white one because they were allowed to preorder from one.

It was clear in AT&T's employee release that white will NOT be available at launch. Do you really think Best Buy is going to get special treatment at launch over Apple and AT&T themselves?

Best Buy is merely given permission to sell a small chunk of phones at their store, along with Walmart and Radio Shack. Not only will they have substantially less stock then both Apple and ATT but they will most definitely NOT be getting the white phone in.

10. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

Actually I dont think it was clear or spelled out that it wouldnt specifically be available at launch. I thought it said it wasnt available for pre-order.

11. HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

I'm still waiting for Bestbuy to call me to tell me my white 32GB iPhone 4 isn't actually available. WTF

12. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

The Best Buy people only want to collect your $50.

They are clueless and stupid!

13. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I hate to say it but they won't call. They have no idea what they are doing. You will just not get it until Apple releases them and gives them to ATT and Bestbuy.

14. HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

3 people verified "a manager" called them (same BB as me) and said they switched their pre order to black. I've called twice now asking to switch mine and they're saying it's not necessary. Really, I don't want to switch, but if it aint gonna happen, then just give me my 50 bucks back and I can wait.

I don't care anymore lol.

15. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

What are the chances that they said you could pre-order the white iPhone, just so they could get you to reserve it and put down a $50 payment?

Basically they told you what you wanted to hear so they could get your money.

16. fuzion thread starter macrumors 6502

Sir, I can assure this car is far better than all the others. Let's go work on that down payment.

17. tbob32 macrumors newbie

tbob32

My daughter works at at style shop next to a local At&T store. She does the store managers hair on a regular basis. The manager offered to hold an iPhone on launch day for her. She said she wasn't getting a new one now but her dad (me) was. She called and asked what I wanted. I told her a white 32G iP4. I said they weren't available for preorder so I would have to wait. She said they would have white ones on the first day even though they weren't setup for preorder. Supposedly she will be holding one for me, no money down.

We'll see.

18. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

[​IMG]

19. hryan4740 macrumors regular

hryan4740