Not a single dropped call since 4.0.1

Diesel1125

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
No need for M-cell since IOS update. I haven't had a single dropped call either. Iphone 4 is finally living up to the hype in my eyes.

I couldn't be happier with this phone.

[starts slow clap]

:)

TOOFY

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Long Awhlandddd, NY
Lucky for you that you do not live in New York. I live on Long Island and this phone is worse then my 3Gs. However - I have a feeling that I am hanging up most of the what i think are dropped calls due to the promixty sensor issue. I cannot stand this problem.:mad:

UCLAKoolman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
No need for M-cell since IOS update. I haven't had a single dropped call either. Iphone 4 is finally living up to the hype in my eyes.

[starts slow clap]

Haven't had a dropped call with iOS 4.0

Diesel1125

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
what i think are dropped calls due to the promixty sensor issue. I cannot stand this problem.
I noticed a big difference in this problem after 4.0.1

RafaelT

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2010
Lakeland, FL

[starts slow clap]

I have not had a problem with dropped calls since i got my iPhone 4. Much better then my 3gs.

You specifically mention 4.0.1 though.... You do know that the actual signal reception did not change between iOS 4 and 4.0.1 right? All that changed was the little graphic that displays the bars.

dscuber9000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2007
Indiana, US
I have yet to drop a call on my iPhone 4. I used to occasionally drop calls on my original iPhone, but not since upgrading. So how about that death grip? :D

McBeats

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2007
erf
nice one... i got a few dropped calls, but its my location. If I'm in a downtown city that happens to not be around a ton of mountains, beautiful service... I can't blame att for this, but rather location.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
Maybe you're subconsciously holding it differently? I now find myself lifting my right pinky off the phone during calls and most of the time I don't even know I'm doing it. I would make Steve Jobs proud!

CocoaPuffs

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2008
Threads like these prove that people in general don't really know what the reception problem is, and that perhaps the issue is blown out of proportion.

Apple said specifically that 3.0.1 changes nothing, not even the baseband, other than the graphic displaying the number of bars.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.