Not a single dropped call since 4.0.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Diesel1125, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Diesel1125 macrumors newbie

No need for M-cell since IOS update. I haven't had a single dropped call either. Iphone 4 is finally living up to the hype in my eyes.

I couldn't be happier with this phone.

[starts slow clap]

:)

2. Anastacio macrumors regular

Here in Denmark noone has gotten a dropped call, as of yet. Quite impressive.

3. TOOFY macrumors regular

Lucky for you that you do not live in New York. I live on Long Island and this phone is worse then my 3Gs. However - I have a feeling that I am hanging up most of the what i think are dropped calls due to the promixty sensor issue. I cannot stand this problem.:mad:

4. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

Haven't had a dropped call with iOS 4.0

5. Diesel1125 thread starter macrumors newbie

I noticed a big difference in this problem after 4.0.1

6. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I haven't had a dropped call at on my iPhone 4 since launch. I haven't had a single dropped call at all since September 2009.

7. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

I have not had a problem with dropped calls since i got my iPhone 4. Much better then my 3gs.

You specifically mention 4.0.1 though.... You do know that the actual signal reception did not change between iOS 4 and 4.0.1 right? All that changed was the little graphic that displays the bars.

8. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

I have yet to drop a call on my iPhone 4. I used to occasionally drop calls on my original iPhone, but not since upgrading. So how about that death grip? :D

9. McBeats macrumors 6502a

nice one... i got a few dropped calls, but its my location. If I'm in a downtown city that happens to not be around a ton of mountains, beautiful service... I can't blame att for this, but rather location.

10. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Maybe you're subconsciously holding it differently? I now find myself lifting my right pinky off the phone during calls and most of the time I don't even know I'm doing it. I would make Steve Jobs proud!

11. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Threads like these prove that people in general don't really know what the reception problem is, and that perhaps the issue is blown out of proportion.

Apple said specifically that 3.0.1 changes nothing, not even the baseband, other than the graphic displaying the number of bars.