Not a single iPhone 6 Plus available all week?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by romanhdz, Sep 24, 2014.

1. romanhdz macrumors member

I keep checking the Apple online store several times per day (several times per hour, even), and I've yet to see a single store offer any iPhone 6 Plus configuration available for in-store pick-up. Every time I call an Apple Store (in Austin, TX) I'm either told that no stock is available or that they aren't allowed to share information about availability with customers.

Am I missing something here? Have no Apple Stores in Texas received a single 6 Plus, or are they all selling out in minutes?

Thanks!

2. cherishzm macrumors regular

They come and go very fast. You have to check more frequently and you may get lucky and get one. I did this afternoon and bought two.

3. romanhdz thread starter macrumors member

Do you think I might have some luck by arriving to the Apple Store prior to opening?

4. shaunmed macrumors regular

5. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

Kinda shocked considering the 6+ is a flop, 90% of people don't want a bigger phone, the 6 is the true flagship, 6+ is stupid, everybody is returning the phone, the 6+ is selling poorly, ect, ect, ect, ect

#

6. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

You need to be checking in the very early hours of the morning. Like 1am-5am

7. knux11 macrumors regular

apple store told me they update in store pickup inventory online between 1-3am nightly.

8. romanhdz thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the advice, everyone! I've been checking tonight, but nothing so far... Hopefully something comes up soon!

9. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

Stay up later, or get up earlier, I've seen them every night.

10. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Not unless UPS came very late the night before, or before the store opens. Even when the UPS guy comes in, it takes them a little while to check in the phones for sale, and you have no idea when he is showing up.

A little luck maybe, but the stores don't seem to know what stock to expect so you may just be wasting hours of your time.