Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chenks

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
UK
has anyone had any problems with their mobileme account not letting them access iCloud?

whenever i try to use my apple id/mobileme account for iCloud it tells me that "the iCloud account blah@me.com is already configured. press edit to change the account information or press cancel to stop configuring a new icloud account".

if i remove my mobileme account completely from the iphone and then attempt to configure icloud, it says that my account has not yet been migrated to icloud".

any ideas ?

Tom359

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2007
Had same problem

Couldn't use existing iTunes Apple ID, or my existing Mobile Me account. Had to create a new account, then everything worked. I was getting the same message as you.

chenks

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
UK
Couldn't use existing iTunes Apple ID, or my existing Mobile Me account. Had to create a new account, then everything worked. I was getting the same message as you.

but i believe it is working for some with existing accounts though ?

alhumphrey

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2010
This is well documented in the iOS Dev Centre. I recommend you start looking at the support documents that come with Apple Beta tests. Unless you not really a developer and have just brought someones UUID and don't have access to it then stop being so tight and pay the £59

chenks

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
UK
This is well documented in the iOS Dev Centre. I recommend you start looking at the support documents that come with Apple Beta tests. Unless you not really a developer and have just brought someones UUID and don't have access to it then stop being so tight and pay the £59

I guess the app I have in the app store is a figment of my imagination.
And you can't buy someones UUID, you can buy a space in their allocation, but you can't buy their UUID.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.