Not able to buy the upgrade? Never?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Daruba, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Daruba macrumors newbie

Hi, great to be a part of this forum!

Last December I bought myself the famous and really great iPod Touch 16GB. I'm very happy with it and was eager to get the $20 upgrade when it came out but...because I'm located on Aruba, I'm not able to buy this upgrade because Aruba don't have an iTunes store!

Some features of that upgrade are very usable on Aruba, some others only when I'm visiting the States.

I want to have this upgrade and I'm willing to pay for it. I think that my U$D 20.00 has the same value as your U$D 20.00 and at least for this reason ALL iPod Touch users, regardless where they are located, should be able to upgrade.

My question: Any idea how I can obtain this upgrade?

Daruba.

2. ricecook macrumors regular

ricecook

you know you can jailbreak it and get the 20$ apps for free..but if you dont want to jailbreak it im not sure on how to get it were you live that dont provide itunes..

3. Daruba thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not feeling very comfortable with the whole jailbreaking issue. I rather just buy myself the upgrade or install it some other way.

Thanks!

Daruba.

4. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

can't you buy a itunes gift card in the american store for yourself and then downloads with that. people said it works for music downloads.

5. Daruba thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmmm...I will look it up and let you guys (girls) know.

Thanks!

Daruba.

6. Daruba thread starter macrumors newbie

No, does not work. I still have to be a Apple member.

7. rioting macrumors member

Is there no Apple Store in Aruba to go and request it yourself at the store?
    I'm not sure theres any other way to get the upgrade besides jailbreaking it.

Try e-mailing the iTunes store, and see what they can do.

8. Daruba thread starter macrumors newbie

No, here is no such store. Apple hardware only.

Email was send. Waiting for answer like almost 3 weeks now.

Daruba.

9. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

Are you saying that you have downloaded iTunes from the Apple web site and there's no section for iTunes Store on the page that comes up?

10. aethelbert macrumors 601

You should be able to make an account for the US store and then stock it with a gift card from the US. You just can't use the store with an Aruban credit card. I've used the US store abroad with gift cards and it works just fine.

11. Daruba thread starter macrumors newbie

No, That's not what I'm saying. The iTunes store works just fine but I can't order anything because I'm not allowed to create the mandatory Apple or AOL account.

Yes, I should but no will do in this case. Unless I very clumsy and blind to see -how to-, it's just not possible. Aruba is not listed, neither a country I can use instead. MY CC is an ordinary VISA with no international limitations. My local bank is merely a mediator between the USA and Aruba regarding my CC.

Thanks guys!

Daruba.

12. franzmueller macrumors regular

Hi

Yes you can create an account in the US.

you can choose now the option NOT to include a paying modus ( no credit card needed )

Also what you need is a friend with an US address or any valid US address .

So when ready you can buy a gift card from e-bay or someone do it for you and send the activation code by e-mail and pay the apps with this

We have several european forum members in our spanish forums without apple stores in their countries and that´s the way purchase stuff , i have been told it works with movies etc .

Saludos

Franz

13. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

If you failed in your attempt to create an account and still have problems, you might try here http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store/authorization/ and go to the email link at the pottom of the page. Or you could call the Apple help number for your one-time free help call 1-800-APL-CARE (1-800-275-2273)