Not able to delete synced albums to iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by soamz, Jun 25, 2012.

1. soamz macrumors 6502a

Hi..
    I wanted to have 4 new albums , so I synced 2 new albums and deleted those from my mac.

Now, I want to have 2 more albums , but there is no way putting those 2 albums, without deleting the existing albums.

So , I want to have the backup of those existing albums, but there is no way.

Stupid Apple, why they make things complex ?

They could have simply given a MOVE /COPY/PASTE/DELETE option. Idiots.

2. gjamesm macrumors newbie

Why did you sync? Just select "manually manage music and videos" and you can copy new content without it deleting the old.

3. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

You should work for them so you can tell everyone at Apple what "idiots" they are.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Why did you delete the albums from your Mac? The iTunes library on your Mac is the master copy. If you delete things from your Mac, then they get deleted from your iDevices. You can pick a subset of the iTunes library to copy to your device, but you can't make the device the master and have less songs on you Mac than on your device. If you don't like that, then you can manage music manually, as a poster suggested above, but keep in mind that Apple doesn't provide a way to copy music off your device back to your computer. If you ever want to do that, you'll have to find a third-party program for it. I don't recommend keeping your only copy of your music on your iDevice, because if you lose your device, well, you lose your music.

5. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I still don't get what the real problem is here. Sounds like you're a prime candidate for iTunes Match. Just delete and add music from your library as needed, problem solved. Yes, it's $25 a year, but well worth it in my opinion.

Your other option is use WiFi Sync. Then you can add/remove things that you want without having to physically plug into iTunes.

Also, you are aware that if you purchased the music in iTunes, you can always re-download it free of charge, right?