not able to stream music to bluetooth

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hedaprakash, Sep 4, 2009.

1. hedaprakash macrumors newbie

i just bought iphone 3gs 32gb with 301, I am using voyager 520 bt headset and able to use it for calls...but for some reason youtube/ipod music/videos or anything other that calls are not streaming to bluetooth? any idea what am i missing?

is thats a bug with jail broken ones?

2. dcghile macrumors newbie

Are you in the U.S.?

Bluetooth is curently crippled for most comps (mine is MacBP), by apple or att, for the 3gs in this country. They don't want you to tether your phone and browse and whatever. You will probably find that your laptop or desktop will see your phone and vice-versa. It would be extremely useful for file transfers on a jb phone to use a simple bluetooth connect. Att told me that they are considering a "plan" (10-20 bucks) which will allow us to use bluetooth.
    Of course, if you have already jb your phone, dig a little further and you will find IPSW break that will allow you to do what you want.
    Sum: you (and me) ain't getting bluetooth on the up-and-up.
    Call att if you are incredulous. I say this with the knowledge that att can tell when you are using bluetooth, and they pass that to apple for torrent addicts, and for "legit" folks who just want to use a full size keyboard. Anyone correct me if I am wrong.
    Luck,
    DC
    p.s. if you are only looking to transfer downloads from your phone, just make an ad-hoc network and go to town. That is what I do.

I am drunk and just reread your post. Disregard. Sorry.

3. hedaprakash thread starter macrumors newbie

c'mon guys its no rocket science?? want to use A2DP protocol to listen music on bluetooth, are you tellimng me that music on bluetooth is not supported by apple? what am I missing here!!

I dont care teethring/filesharing for now...looking to resolve the simple very simple issue...wanna hear music on bluetooth...

4. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

It ain't happening Jack.

5. jackryan57 macrumors regular

My 3G has stereo bluetooth, I listen to my ipod and pandora all the time on my Motorola headset. Did you upgrade to the 3.0.1? If not - you need to

6. hedaprakash thread starter macrumors newbie

Jack is ride Chadrock....its called a2dp and avrcd bluetooth profiles....my voyager520 does not have those profile thus not able to control music....

have a look here for some example...
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=727943

7. javapoppa macrumors newbie

Bluetooth music transfers from LG phone to iMac blocked

Until the recent large update (149 mgb) to iTunes I was able to pair my LG phone to my wife's iMac and transfer mp3 files either way using Bluetooth. Now when I pair the phone and go to Browse Device on the iMac it lists all of my phone memory files but will only open the the SDPicture file. When I click on the SDMusic file it says operation failed. Is this just Apple protecting their rice bowl with regard to music sales or is it a glitch in the software?

8. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Jailbreak and install the bluetooth mono toggle in SBSettings. Presto.