Not able to sync calendar with devices?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by dorianoddi, Mar 24, 2015.

1. dorianoddi macrumors newbie

The syncing on my devices is terrible. I update my iphone calender and sometimes it syncs with my ipad and imac and sometimes it doesn't. I just reset the calender on my iphone and now I want to sync the events on my imac calendar to the device but it just doesn't want to sync.

I plugged my phone into itunes and it says that the events are being syncing through icloud and it doesn't give me any other option.

Please let me know asap thank you.

2. dorianoddi thread starter macrumors newbie

3. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

I finally got syncing from iPhone to iMac. Use Google Calendar and sync from iPhone to iCal. Not sure how just kept playing with settings till it worked. But, won't sync to iCloud.

I started using Sunrise on iPhone when I had the issues and still use it. But, mainly I use Google Calendar on iMac and and the new Google Calendar on iPhone. I still have iCal on phone, but don't look at it too much. Probably should delete it.

Not happy with reliability of other calendars and their syncing.

4. dorianoddi thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you mean you use Google calender setup on your devices instead of icloud? I switched to google mail awhile ago since I found icloud mail to take too long to sync across devices.

5. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

Yes, I use Gmail and Google Calendar. Carry over from Android and use it with work. Also have an iCloud email I use with Apple and here. Just use to Google on them and not ready to change atm. Not sure why icloud won't sync with them. Tried all kinds of settings configuration. Not sure I really care about it anyway.

6. dorianoddi thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply. On the calenders list on our devices, how do we change the color of the google calender? Do we do this on ical on our mac?

Thanks again.

7. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

what calendar are you saving events to? a local one? iCloud?

8. dorianoddi thread starter macrumors newbie

I am saving events to the icloud calender but found that there is a lag between sync times. What option are you using? Do you find syncing happens right away for you across the devices you have?

9. Trahearne, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015

Trahearne macrumors 6502

New events and changes in my iCloud calendars generally will push immediately to all my three devices. Having said that, there are seldom some glitches, but all can be solved by a force resync, i.e. open the calendar list in Calendar.app and swipe down. For example, once everything in my iCloud account was stuck and out of sync. Logging in and out and even a reboot didn't help, yet a force resync eventually solved the issue...

If you are using other calendar services, though, they are synced on interval, so you might need to do a force resync on your own if you do not see the expected entries.

10. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

What exact color are you talking about and which Google Calendar are you talking about. the latest.

On my iMac I can change cal color by clicking on the down arrow to right of calendar name. This is on left column when in Calendar screen.

I don't use iCloud. But, at bottom on left column click on Edit, then you can click on the color dot and change color.

On the latest Google Cal on device just open the settings by tapping the 3 lines at top left. Then tap on the settings wheel at bottom of screen and you will see Events, Birthdays, and Holidays. you can open them and change color. Or, when
    adding an event at the bottom of screen you can change default color of event.

Hope that answered your question--:)

11. dorianoddi thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for all your replies guys. What fixed it for me was refreshing by swiping down. Since I did that everything syncs instantly and I don't need to refresh.

Again thanks a lot for all your support and suggestions.