Not able to UNINSTALL divvy :(

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by johnjey, Apr 10, 2014.

1. johnjey macrumors regular

Guys, running mavericks on Mac Air, and unable to install divvy, please advice, i downloaded a c***ked version and it isn't even working, the accessibility fix also does NOT work and i want to get rid of the whole damn thing..plz help

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. johnjey, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014

johnjey thread starter macrumors regular

I don't see Divvy mentioned when i do a search using Finder, i also do not see it running under activity monitor, but whenever i do a search in spotlight, it shows up and also whenever i restart my MAC, the pop up comes showing that Divvy isn't accessible and click Quit Divvy or More Info button and thats it, when i click on More Info button, this is what comes up and of course none of the stuff and resolutions mentioned here works for me :(

https://gist.github.com/olivierlacan/5829524

I also do NOT see divvy when i use Appcleaner

See --> this is the screen that i see when i do a spotlight on it. Take a look at the attachment

Attached Files:

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The instructions I posted are clear. If it is installed on your system, following those instructions will delete it. There is nothing in the instructions about using Spotlight to search for it or about using a 3rd party app.

Follow steps 1-7, then post a screen shot of your Finder window.

As for AppCleaner, if you elect to use such apps, be aware that in most cases, app removal software doesn't do a thorough job of finding and removing files/folders related to deleted apps. For more information, read this and this. If you just want to delete the app, drag the .app file to the trash. No other software needed. If you want to completely remove all associated files/folders, no removal apps will do the job.

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Install the file search app iFileX then use that to search for Divvy and see if that works. For some reason Finder is not showing everything in Mavericks when doing these searchs.