not all apps sync

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Hector4Christ, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Hector4Christ macrumors newbie

I just upgraded to 4.1 from 3.1.3 on my 2g Touch and from 127 apps that I want to sync only about 60 get transferrred over. Anyone have any idea why some of my apps won't sync? I am sure they are compatible with 4.1.

For example, one app is Pocket Informant. I have confirmed on their website that it is compatible with iOS 4 yet it won't sycn to my iPod Touch. iTunes (ver. 10) does not give me any erros.

I have checked off all the ones that I want to transfer and iTunes gives a count of 127. It displays on the right a bunch of empty screens like it is reserving space for all 127 apps.

Thanks.

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Could be an authorization error. Are these apps on the same iTunes account? In iTunes, right-click and choose Get Info. If they are all to the same account, try de-authorizing and re-authorizing iTunes via the Store menu and syncing. Do any of these apps have updates?

3. Hector4Christ thread starter macrumors newbie

They should be on the same account since there is only one account. All these apps were on my Touch before I upgraded to 4.1. The last time that I tried syncing there were no updates for any apps.

In case it is revelant, when I went to update to 4.1 I was hanging on the backup that iTunes does before the update. I had left it over night for 12 hours without any progress. After several more tries I eventually restored my Touch to factory settingns and updated to 4.1.

The update then finished with a restore from the last backup/sync which gave me back all my settings and apps except for the apps that are missing which don't want to sync.

4. Hector4Christ thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I discovered what happened. All this apps that I am missing on my Touch are actually missing from my computer's drive. Apparently, when I did the upgrade they were deleted!

Now I have to see if they are somewhere, maybe a backup that I have or re-download/re-purchase.