Not all iPhones have the same reception issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fernandez21, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

I see alot of people claim that either all iPhones have the same problem while others claim that no iPhone has reception issues, I thought I would clear this up for some. If you listen to the endgadget mobile podcast Josh Toplosky has one that has no reception issues at all, he can't make it drop bars, while Chris Ziegler's iPhone has some but not too bad and Nelay Patel has it the worst and drops calls. Chris Ziegler on the podcast said that he and Nelay even went to the same street corner side by side and switched handsets and that it was very noticeable to him that Nelay's was much worse and said it felt like a completely different experience.

2. krUnIzZlE macrumors regular

3. jonstatt macrumors member

Actually I didn't know this. None of the reports so far have made side by side comparisons with 2 phones held by the same person!

But here is an interesting one...I did some more experiments. My iPhone 4 is what I would consider a bad one...easily able to lose signal completely if it is 3 bars to begin with, by just touching (not gripping) the spot on the left side of the phone.

I wiped a microfibre cloth on the side of the phone to remove any existing grease/oils. I then washed my hands to remove surface oils from my fingers. I am then unable to make any bars drop on the phone. This could explain different experiences from person to person too....

4. Holty123 macrumors 6502

Holty123

We didn't, did you just reply to this post to get your post count up?
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

5. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Missed this thread, did ya?:rolleyes:

BTW, no one has claimed what you posted.