Not another Steve J. hooked me up story!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by wesk702, Mar 14, 2008.

1. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

Yep, didn't know I would be fortunate enough to get the hook up but I DID!!!

Long story short:
    My poor G5 was acting pretty screwy so I ended up sending it in to the local apple store for repair. 2 days later I brought it home and it was still acting funny so I called applecare to hear their suggestions before bringing it in a second time. This time I selected to go to another store in the area because I recently had a major surgery and couldn't drag the beast from the underground parking through the mall. It was all good until I brought it in to the other store and I was told to go to the other location. That was fine until I had to bring it to the store in the mall and had an encounter with an arrogant sales staff. (I'm leaving out a lot of details but whatever) This was the type of too cool kid that is common among the apple stores lately. After this I was pretty upset (again many details left out because i don't want to repeat this story a million time) so I decided to write to all of the possible so called "steve email addresses" I didn't care if it was real, it just felt nice to vent. But here's the funny part. The next day I get a call from the local apple store stating that they received my email and apologize for the experience and would like to just give me a new mac pro 2.8 octo rather than going through another repair! I didn't email anyone else so it's a pretty nice surprise.

And incase anyone is wondering, my email wasn't being rude or bitching too much. I was just explaining my situation and felt that I was being handled poorly. There are definitely some kick ass people at my local stores especially the geniuses.

went from dual core 2.0ghz to a dual quad 2.8ghz... not bad. Thanks apple!

2. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

glad to hear you had a good outcome with Apple. i've had a similar situation, but not quite as good as a new mac pro! congrats on that :cool:

3. secretmrx macrumors newbie

geez

far out thats intense! u lucky ba$tard u lol :p

What were some of steves email addresses?

4. wesk702 thread starter macrumors 68000

wesk702

I scoured the web for anything that even sounded like something ==> DONOTREPLY@apple.com; steve.jobs@apple.com; steven.jobs@apple.com; steve.jobs@exchange.apple.com; sjobs@apple.com; steve@mac.com; steve@apple.com; cano.s@euro.apple.com; jobs.s@apple.com

When I went to pick it up everyone was supernice and they got a dolly and everything to help me out. Really glad that the managers were out to help.

5. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

this isn't always necessary though, I had numerous issues with apple customer service when buying my first mac pro (8x2.8), but after talking to a super, was offered £210 ($425) compensation. Not a mac pro, but not bad! (good news for you btw;))

6. secretmrx macrumors newbie

7. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

I'm going to copy and paste your post and email it to all those addresses. The only bad thing is that it's St Patrick's Day here on Monday so they won't be able to deliver my Pro til Tuesday. Oh well, guess I'll just have to be patient. :)

PS Congrats!

8. antzona macrumors regular

antzona

The correct address is sjobs at apple.com. I received a reply after emailing that address.

9. Norco macrumors regular

Why would you do such a thing? His e-mail should not be abused, otherwise people who have real issues and frustrations will simply be ignored.

10. Erwin-Br macrumors 6502a

Erwin-Br

By posting these addresses here, lots of spambots will pick it up as well. :rolleyes:

--Erwin

11. supercooled macrumors 6502a