Not ANOTHER Switcheasy NUDE thread!..

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Kibbe17, May 20, 2010.

1. Kibbe17 macrumors member

:D On the Switcheasy NUDE website it says that included in the package is one anti-static screen guard.

A) does anyone know if this is the same screen protector as the Switcheasy Pure?

B) Is the switcheasy pure any good compared to, say, Zagg.

C) if not then is the shield that comes with the case any good?

And while I'm at it.. Are the stands that come with the case any good? sturdy? Light? Portable?

And don't be afraid to throw any other alternatives to the nude.

Trying so hard to find the right case here.. :confused::D

2. ram8727 macrumors member

The Nude is a great case for the money, but it's not the best case out on the market. To find the best case, it comes down to personal preference. I have a video review on my YouTube Channel on the Nude if you want to check it out. I also have a review of the Candyshell, which is another great iPad case, but not my favorite or the best in my opinion. Right now (and probably staying this way for awhile) I'm using a SGP Anti-Fingerprint screen shield, ZAGG back protection, and a sleeve (alternating between the Incase Slip & a Cocoon Innovations Sleeve).

To answer some of your questions, the screen shield from Switcheasy is probably good if it's the same as the iPhone Switcheasy screen shields. The Pure screen shield is a crystal anti-static screen shield which means no liquid installation. ZAGG screen shields are horrible, but I love the back because of the grip from the rubbery feeling. I'd honestly recommend a SGP Anti-Fingerprint screen shield. The stand is honestly not really worth anything. There are no viewing angles and it just feels cheap. Hope this helped you out a little bit in deciding.

3. Star56 macrumors member

Ram,

I enjoy your youtube material....but I have to ask you....did you figure out what that flap in the apple case was for :)

Tom

4. Kibbe17 thread starter macrumors member

I really like the sound of your setup with the protectors and sleeve. But I think this is out of my budget for now. but is basically what I want in the long run. I love using it nude, the feel is great except that I don't want scratches and don't want to have to baby it. Right now I still have the "protector" that it comes with straight out of the box on it, and I want to take it off very badly,.. but I need some form of protection!!

ALSO: should I wait to order the switcheasy Nude until they come out with the 3G version and the "squeaking and loose fit" issues are resolved?

5. ram8727 macrumors member

Yes Tom I figured it out...I sense the sarcasm! ;)

6. ram8727 macrumors member

I'd wait until Switcheasy releases a new 3G version. If you are wanting an inexpensive case, try Cocoon Innovations Neoprene Sleeve. The GridIt system is very cool and gives a ton of options for smaller items you want to carry. I love my sleeve and will have a review within the next week or so. Then you can still use the iPad naked, but you will need to "baby" it until you get a Zagg back or some other kind of protection.

7. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

I agree on the wait.

Does anybody know when the 3G version is supposed to be ready?

8. Kibbe17 thread starter macrumors member

Well someone said that switcheasy service said it would be available "in ten days" but this was like 3 or 4 days ago.

Thanks for the suggestions, I think this case is a little too big for what I'm looking for. But I appreciate the help, I really really like the incase sleeve, I may just fork out the dough for that because I'm sure it will all be worth it later on. Ehh?