Not available to reserve?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ansabakhan, Oct 18, 2011.

1. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

every store i am trying to check on apple.com to reserve a iphone 4s , it says not available to reserve in front of all models ? it that normal ? did some one reserved a iPhone 4s successfully today ?

2. ninn macrumors member

Wait until around 9pm local time tonight. They stop reservations during the day it looks like.

3. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

oh so u can only do reservation after 9 pm till 8 am ..some thing like that?

4. Pattycerts macrumors 6502

Yes reservations start at 9PM and end when they run out of devices

5. kilinoso macrumors newbie

the same problem...

I have the same trouble now. I've made a few tries but still can't reserve iphone 4s. At 9:05 all models are already unavailable. Maybe i can buy it in New York without reservation? Anybody know? Is reservation still necessary?

6. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

You can still buy it at the store but you will have to wait till 6 PM. Once after 6 PM and the person who didn't pick up their reservsed iphone will lose it and it will then go to a first serve first come basis walk in.

It also depends on what carrier and what model you are looking at. I know the Apple store in my area has plenty of stock now at the apple store as I see people walking in and asking for an iphone 4S and those who work at the Apple Store carries the list in their pocket so that when a costumer comes in and wants to by an iphone 4S, they simply take their list out check whether they have that particular model in stock.

Since you mentioned New York, most likely you will have to keep checking. I also suggest you have more than 1 browser open (probably like 5 of them, and have each of them have the same page on it) and be at the computer at around 10 minute prior to the reservation time. Once the time hits 9:00 PM, start from the first browser, if it's still unavailable, move on to the next one. It can take a while for the server to open so that is why it can take a while.

7. terraphantm macrumors 68040

I checked in NY the other night and there were a few models still available at 10pm or so at the Roosevelt Field apple store.