Not being able to charge and stream....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gix1k, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

With headphones is annoying. For the most part missing the headphone jack hasn't bothered me. I was in an airport over the last two days for many hours. Typically I plug in, watch movies....sit there. Now my battery is draining, I cannot charge and quietly listen. I charge I can't listen. Where's the dual dongle that allows both like I have for my Macbook?

2. itsray macrumors 6502

3. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

Gix1k

4. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

5. vdor macrumors member

vdor

I didn't think I'd have this problem either, and I won't for the most part. Except when I want to use Sing by Smule to do some karaoke (a fun distraction) at home, and I'm running low on battery but I need the headphones/mic combo to record properly. Eek. I don't have time to use the app often but when I did use it this last week, I noticed this obstacle. :rolleyes: I'll be looking into that adapter soon enough.

6. its Dale macrumors 6502

bluetooth headphones can save you about $20. Check out Soundpeats on Amazon

7. willmtaylor, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

If only there was a way for you to have known before purchasing, like a webpage, an announcement, a keynote, or dozens of complaint threads on popular Internet forums. ;) :D

Seriously though, why buy it if you knew this would be an issue for you?

8. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Yep, an announcement would have been nice of Apple as I was "BLIND-SIDED" when I took my 7+ out of the box and it had no jack! WTF!

9. Subwaymac macrumors regular

Subwaymac

Well in an airport most people will use headphones when otherwise they would never use them thus the issue arises.

10. rockitdog macrumors 68020

I've seen tons of adapters on kickstarter for as little as $10. People really need to stop complaining about this. If it's such a deal breaker, buy an iPhone 6s. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy an iPhone 7.