Not being able to do certain things.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Cruis3r, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Cruis3r macrumors newbie

- Is there anyway I can use Mozilla FireFox as a web browser, check my Hotmail Emails, instant messenger, and download Flash that’s all for free? Is there anyway around this that can let me do it all without paying?

Thanks in advance.

- What does "Jailbreak" do or let you do to a itouch i keep hearing about it.

2. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

firefox - no
    hotmail - yes
    instant messenger - which one? yes.
    flash - no

what's jailbreak? just unlocks your ipod for customisation.

all these things can be found via google.

3. Cruis3r thread starter macrumors newbie

yahoo and msn messenger?

and Thank You Sjle for your reply, i'll look into the hotmail now thanks again.

4. Master Debater macrumors member

Yeah, about Hotmail, you can just go to hotmail.com on the Safari browser and check your e-mail there. Also, sites like meebo.com allow you to IM from Yahoo! or MSN, though I'm not sure if the iPod's Safari browser supports it.

5. Cruis3r thread starter macrumors newbie

OMG THANKYOU SO MUCH Master Debater i got yahoo instant messaging to work on by going to meebo like you said (cause i can't download adobe flash due to safari likes being lame), BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing it.

as for hotmail.com i still can't get into sadly, im using a safari browswer and its saying to update my browser? when they only give options of IE
    -wait nvm i just saw the option to update safari, but now i have the option of downloading it for Leopard or Tiger.... Is one of thoes my Ipod? If so how can i find out mine is i tried looking around my case it came in and saw nothing.