Not being charged for Steve Jobs iBooks purchase..?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iParis, Oct 25, 2011.

1. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

So yesterday around 12:30am I bought the Steve Jobs biography shortly after it came out. I wanted to get the physical copy first, but I was low on cash and only had like $24 to last me through the week, so I decided to get a cheaper version until the time arose. Anyway, all seemed fine; it downloaded to my MacBook right away and I looked in the iBooks app on my iPhone less than a minute later and it was there too. I expected the total to be a little over $18 with tax. As of now, I still have yet to be charged for this purchase. It seems something like this would possibly take a little longer to go through would be under "Pending Transactions" on my bank account, but it's not there either. That's about 33 hours without being charged for it or receiving an email with a receipt or anything stating I purchased it.

Anybody else experience an issue like this? I'm not complaining about getting it for free, I just don't want to get tired of waiting, spend my money, then suddenly have the purchase go through.

2. melman101 macrumors 68030

Sometimes it takes a while to go threw. They will charge you definitely.

3. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

As with most purchases from iTunes it takes a few days for the transaction to go through. I think its to cut down on how many orders go out. I buy a lot of music, movies, books etc and if its over a few days I usually get one email at the end of the week with all my purchases throughout the week.

You will get charged, they're running a business to make money ;)

4. iParis thread starter macrumors 68040

iParis

Aww. Tarter sauce. I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. I'm just used to these going through right away. Ah well, at this purchase was well worth it.

5. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

I don't keep a CC on file with iTunes, but once quick way to get them to charge you is to go and remove your CC from the iTunes account. You'll immediately get charged.

6. iParis, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011

iParis thread starter macrumors 68040

iParis

I usually don't, but I did it this once for the book. Maybe I should consider your suggestion.

EDIT: OneMike, +1 for your signature.

7. iParis thread starter macrumors 68040

iParis

Took my debit card off my account and sure enough, I was charged immediately.

8. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

I don't understand why you wanted to be immediately charged?

9. Mac7 macrumors 6502a

Mac7

So that he doesn't think he still has $18 left on his account

10. mrockm01 macrumors regular

mrockm01

I "found" the iBook version online to get a head start until I get the hard copy

11. iParis thread starter macrumors 68040

iParis

So I knew exactly how much money would be left in my account.

12. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

13. tivoboy macrumors 68030

the book

The book has been out a bit over a week now, publishers, journalists and the kindle version which came out early too.

14. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I don't understand why or how some places can sell it for soooo cheap?? I was at Costco and seen it for the regular price of $35 CND...then the next day in the mall at a book store I see it going to $25....Wish I would have just paid the extra $8 for the hard cover rather then the iBooks version.

15. iParis thread starter macrumors 68040

iParis

Yeah, I would have too, but I needed the actual cash I had on hand for this detox since I had a drug test coming up at Hastings. But yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I actually saw it at Walmart for $17.87 and Barnes and Noble for $17.99. I wanted to get it at Walmart since it was only a dollar or so more but they didn't have any when I went at midnight (11:55/12:15) and I didn't feel like waiting.