Not Bootable device

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by PSSP, Jul 25, 2010.

1. PSSP macrumors newbie

I just bought a MBP 13" and tried to install Windows 7. In my organization, the program is available for download and each has to write it on DVD by themselves. I burnt the disc with my new MBP and used the disc for the installation.

After the Boot Camp partitioned the disk, it asked to insert a disc. When I did so, this message showed on a black screen, "Not Bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key." I think it's because my disc is not bootable.

My problem is, after that, whenever I turn on my MBP, the black screen comes up. Now, I have to press ALT every time I start the machine.

Could anyone please kindly suggest how to make it start normally again?

Thanks a millions.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

3. PSSP thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much!!! At least, I can solve the start-up problem. :D

I read the tread you kindly suggested. It seems we need a PC to write a bootable DVD. But, I have only this MBP.

I read another tread that suggested Simply Burns. Can it create a bootable disc? I opened it and could not find anywhere that indicated we could choose to make one.

The Windows program file I have is not iso. It's extracted. If I use the disk utilities to turn it into a disk image and burn it on a disc with the above program, will it works?