not charge for my iphone 4, and it is shipped.......

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by john2049, Jun 21, 2010.

1. john2049 macrumors member

ok so i believe the apple hold for the amount of my phone was on my bank account, this morning my iphone was shipped to me and in the hands of fed ex. i checked my account, and the money was given back to me.....
    uh, did I somehow get a free iphone...or do they charge later....even though that doesn't seem like apple at all.....any thoughts? thanks.

2. snapper2323 macrumors member

snapper2323

I am thinking they will submit payment later. I am in the same situation. Unfortunately they rarely make errors when collecting money.

3. john2049 thread starter macrumors member

4. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

Same boat here. I had holds put on for a couple days when I placed the pre-order. The holds are gone now and my i4 is on its way to me.

I'm sure we'll see the final payment processed today or tomorrow.

5. christyn macrumors 6502a

6. bripab007 macrumors 6502

I called my bank and confirmed that the charges "were there" (assuming this means they hit the bank) and would be clearing shortly on my credit card.

7. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

I'm in the same boat... Woohoo! Free iPhone 4!!! (not)

8. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Like I have read in other threads, it's because banks don't allow the holding or freezing of funds in an account for more than a few days. You will get charged, most likely the day before, or on release day.

9. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

I saw the same thing. I think that since it was shipped on a Sunday, it has to catch up. This always happens when my AT&T bill is automatically paid. AT&T says it is paid, but it does not clear (or show that it is taken out) until like 3/4 days later.

It is probably there, but just not fully. Do not spend the money!!

10. mateen110 macrumors regular

Mine says "Apple Store US" under holds for $322, its still not a charge, just a hold, but im still at prepared for shipment.

11. JaSuS macrumors regular

JaSuS

Woot...

Damn....just when i thought I was a lucky person. Mine is scheduled for delivery today and my card has not been charged.

Maybe I will have good luck since it was ordered on my birthday....:rolleyes:

12. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

this is the same thing iTunes does when you buy music etc.. it holds the amount, then releases the pre authorization...I promise you'll pay..don't spend the money