Not Charged for Lion!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by MikeM87, Aug 7, 2011.

1. MikeM87 macrumors 6502

MikeM87

Hey,

I recently purchased a new iMac where i was able to upgrade to Lion for free. Today i thought it was time that i updated my Macbook Pro and noticed that when i went into the App Store it just said install.

Anyway i proceeded with the download and let the installation run through and everything went fine as i expected it too.

I just checked my App Store account and i've not been charged. The money hasn't been deducted from my store credit and i checked my bank and it's not gone from here either so it looks as though i havent been charged at all.

Anyone else experienced this surely i can't be the first. I did hear that when you had purchased it once you can install it on as many machines as you like, but i got the free upgrade with having the iMac so i was expecting to be charged when upgrading the MacBook. :confused:

Thanks for any updates on this...

2. fortheloveofmac macrumors member

Either your computer is new enough (I think they said after June 6th purchase) to have gotten the Lion upgrade for free, or it's that Apple takes a few days to charge purchases, sometimes a penny first then they wait a few in order to group together as much as possible. I got my refund before they had even charged me, when I downloaded it only to find out it should have been free because it's new.

3. MikeM87 thread starter macrumors 6502

MikeM87

My Macbook Pro is from 2010 so it's not eligible for the free upgrade, maybe your right it may take them a couple of days usually it shows up instantly with app store credit though and i have £53 of store credit so it more than enough to cover it :s

4. Richdmoore, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2011

Richdmoore macrumors 68000

Richdmoore

Your lion purchase (or in your case your purchase via the free mac up to date code) allows unlimited installs on other computers you own. It is the same for all apps on the mac app store.

In this case, the upgrade os app is simply another app to the mac app store, so you get it on all your other computers without charge.

http://www.apple.com/mac/app-store/

Buy, download, and even
    redownload.
    You can install apps on every Mac you use and even download them again. This is especially convenient when you buy a new Mac and want to load it with apps you already own.

5. MikeM87 thread starter macrumors 6502

MikeM87

i'm very impressed with this then :)

6. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Even you could see, if you used store credit then it would be taken out immediately.

7. Quad5Ny, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2011

Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

Apple knows how to make their customers happy (most of the time). :rolleyes:

8. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Good catch.