NOT Charged for the Cro-Mag update (UPDATED)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by chatoyer, Jul 27, 2008.

1. chatoyer macrumors regular

Bought Cro-Mag when the App Store became active. Noticed on my iPod Touch that an update was available, but update didn't show up in iTunes. Downloaded and installed via iPod. Did not notice a screen saying I would be charged.

But, I was. It just showed up on my credit card statement. It's not a huge amount of cash, granted, but doesn't exactly instill a lot of confidence in the App Store.

Now wondering if I missed a screen saying I would be charged, but why would it if the app was already installed and I clearly remember tapping an 'update' button.

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

Hmm, I wasn't charged for it. Have you looked at your purchase history in iTunes? (click your name in the upper corner)

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

My update was free. You still get invoiced, but for no charge.

4. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

iTunes looks like its going through the motions of a purchase, for an application update, but the amount is zero.

5. chatoyer thread starter macrumors regular

Bizarre - I wasn't charged for it according to purchase history (great tip - forgot about that), but iTunes did charge my credit card just a few days ago, the exact day I downloaded the updated. Hmm.... for now, I can't assume it was Cro-Mag. Must be something else.

6. sgibson macrumors regular

sgibson

Apple usually wait a couple of days before charging cards for purchases from the iTunes store. Basically, it gives you a few days to make more purchases which they can then lump together and reduce the amount of credit card processing charges they need to pay. If you got charged the same day as the upgrade I would think it extremely unlikely it was for that.