Not charging

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Cole JM, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Cole JM macrumors regular

So in the battery area I get "not charging" whenever I plug my ipad into my computer (PC) ive tried other computers in my house and it always says that unless it it plugged in with the 10w power adapter. The strange part is it actually charges, mind you it is very slow charging but 10% in about 5 hours.

What is the problem, what should I do?

Let me also mention I tried with 3 different sync cables, on 2 different computers using many different USB ports on each.

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

This is normal and has been discussed many times. While your device will charge on USB it will do it slowly and without it indicating it is charging, just plugged in.

Using the AC adapter will be much faster and actually indicate that it is charging.

3. sanford macrumors 65816

Unless you have a MacBook Air or similar with the high-powered USB port. Then it will charge quickly and also indicated it is charging.

But nothing is wrong with your iPad 2 or your PC.

4. Cole JM thread starter macrumors regular

That's all needed to hear guys. Thanks.

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Yep, my Thinkpad W510 has a yellow "hot" USB port that is hot and high powered all the time even when the laptop is turned off as long as the charger is connected. It works well!