Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

efet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
I dont know what happened here now but my MBA stopped charging the battery.
Anyone else having this problem?

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
You might check in the magsafe connector on both the computer and cable to be sure some lint or gunk hasn't lodged itself in there. Also check that the spring-loaded connector pins aren't stuck down.

-howard

efet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
You might check in the magsafe connector on both the computer and cable to be sure some lint or gunk hasn't lodged itself in there. Also check that the spring-loaded connector pins aren't stuck down.
-howard

This is all new language to me; magsafe connect, lint, gunk spring loaded connector??

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
This is all new language to me; magsafe connect, lint, gunk spring loaded connector??

Make sure its plugged in right, the connector is a little funky the way you position it, make sure it "clicks" into place, and make sure there isn't anything interfering with a good connection, like lint or some other foreign material that may have gotten lodged in the connector.

Mandork

macrumors member
May 8, 2011
He means to make sure that the plug connectors are clean (also the area where it plugs into the computer).
And are you sure it's not charging? I've had a situation where the charging light wouldn't turn on, but the battery sign on the computer would show it's charging

efet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
Its all clean, I actually hardly used it since I purchased it early this month.
It seems like its actually charging but why the light is off and it says its not charging at the top right corner.

iApple Mania

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2011
Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
Its all clean, I actually hardly used it since I purchased it early this month.
It seems like its actually charging but why the light is off and it says its not charging at the top right corner.

You'd better go to the shop for checking or claim with the new one if any.
If the shop ask for fix it, just deny and insist to change with the new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.