Not Charging...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by doitdada, Jun 7, 2015.

1. doitdada macrumors 6502a

doitdada

On the eight day of using my Macbook, the laptop no longer charges. I tried pulling the out the charger, and then inserting it again in a different outlet. Switched cable ends. Still doesn't charge. I am interesting in finding out if anybody have had similar experiences?

It would charge for maybe a few seconds, enough to boot it before it "died" and requested me to charge it again. Currently at the Apple Store applying for a DOA.

2. keviig macrumors 6502

If you have a USB a to USB c cable and an iPad charger you can try that. If it works, then your charger is broken, if it doesn't it's probably your Mac that's broken.

3. MickeyDoodle macrumors newbie

Yes- I had this happen to me. It ended up being a defective cable. Switched it out with a new one and all has been fine since.

4. rosario1990 macrumors regular

That's a great idea.

5. doitdada thread starter macrumors 6502a

doitdada

Got it back the last day, it may be the cable or charger, unfortunately they are expecting replacements to be in store by July.

The shortage of adapters and computers may seem like a refresh may be in the workings, very very soon. It was expected of Broadwell as well, considering the delay of its launch.