Not convinced by Time Machine or 10.5... yet

Discussion in 'macOS' started by koobcamuk, Oct 31, 2007.

1. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

I just wanted to say, I am really enjoying 10.5 at the moment. So far, I am not convinced though. I love spaces and stacks, but I am wondering whether things are really how I want them to be.

I have a clone from my last save of OSX 10.4.10 and that is sat on a FW400 drive on my desk. I am 50-50 about wiping it and trying out time machine. Time machine seems useful, but the idea of SuperDuper! was to just create a bootable clone in case my internal drive went spaff.

I've been lucky - none of my drives have died on me. I have debated this, and see a possible solution being to buy another HDD and use that for time machine. Then, when I am happy with 10.5, make a clone with SuperDuper!

I am just wondering if I am alone in thinking this? Does anyone else have the feeling that if they dedicate everything to 10.5 that something could go wrong?

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

TM lets you reinstall to another HD if yours fails, you boot off the Leopard disk, and it will have an option to restore from TM...

3. koobcamuk thread starter macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

Thing is, if I do that, I lose the ability to open my fault free 10.4.10 clone...

I can't access my own damn website from this computer anymore. I really don't get it. My site is in my sig. I can access it from the Work iMac. I think something funky happened when I updated the site with iWeb and now the iMac gets re directed to my host's site. Lame.