Not CPU Savy - Editable iCal? Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Stang68, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Stang68 macrumors 6502a

Stang68

Hey guys and gals,

I wanted to know if there is a way to get editable iCal on my jailbroken ipod touch without dealing with "codes" and "lines" and all that stuff. I have no idea what people are talking about when they say those things. I dont know what "Transmit" is, even though I downloaded it. I just want to be able to add calendar events...can anyone help!

Thank you!

2. crayon@itouch macrumors newbie

I don't know whether I am right or wrong, and I have editable ICAL after modding. The file you needs to replace is something like that N45AP.plist.

3. cmuench macrumors member

Yeah if you install Installer.app 3.0 their is a package called ical calendar fix.

4. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Yes.

1. Download an FTP Client, like Transmit.

2. Download the mobilecal.app (or whatever it's named) version for the iPhone. Easy enough to find on Google.

3. On your ipod, open your WiFi settings. Click on the little arrow to the right of the network you're connected to, and write down your iPod's IP address. Make sure your connection type is set to "SFTP" and not "FTP".

4. Open Transmit. Connect to your iPod. The server is the IP address, the user is root and the password is alpine.

5. Navigate to your applications folder.

6. Drag the iPhone version onto your iPod, select replace.

7. Restart iPod

Very very easy, no terminal or command lines involved.

5. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

All I done was install the iTouch Calender Fix from Installer, works just fine.

6. Stang68 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Stang68

I havent been able to find it in installer 3.0. But Ill check again.

7. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

I think its been removed now, but you can check, if its there it will be under "Tweaks (1.1.1)".

8. Stang68 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Stang68

Yea, its not there. Damnitt, now it looks like i am gna have to do this the hard way.