Not digging the curves... (yet probably)

iamasmith

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Cheshire, UK
I've got a 42mm S3 SS and will be skipping the S4 as it's everything I need for now but just like the S0 I had before the S3 the time will come for an upgrade and it will probably be the S5.

What I have noticed though is that the proportions of the watch, to me, just don't seem as pleasing on the 40/44 vs the 38/42 and I'm wondering if part of this was down to a compromise to make the curves meet the original band sizes.

To give some context this is what I'm talking about..

I just love the shape of the original and am not too struck by the new rounder shape which seems to be just giving way to a round face.. which might be interesting (if Jony could get over the idea).. no I think at the moment this is too halfway and it would have looked better if they kept the proportions of the curves and came out with a different band sizing - You do need to separate the thoughts about your current investments in bands here as I have, I have quite a few and would be annoyed that they didn't fit but I'm more annoyed if it just doesn't look correct in proportions.

Deguello

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
Texas
I don't think it's a massive difference. I think the slightly more rounded corners make more sense with the increased dimensions.

Reactions: xDKP

PeteS1963

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
I agree. I prefer the look of the original. Especially with certain bands like the woven nylon. But it’s a personal thing.

evorc

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2011
Loving the new curves!!! The screen and the smaller bezel is sexy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.