Not digging the curves... (yet probably)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iamasmith, Sep 29, 2018.

1. iamasmith macrumors 6502

iamasmith

I've got a 42mm S3 SS and will be skipping the S4 as it's everything I need for now but just like the S0 I had before the S3 the time will come for an upgrade and it will probably be the S5.

What I have noticed though is that the proportions of the watch, to me, just don't seem as pleasing on the 40/44 vs the 38/42 and I'm wondering if part of this was down to a compromise to make the curves meet the original band sizes.

To give some context this is what I'm talking about..

[​IMG]

I just love the shape of the original and am not too struck by the new rounder shape which seems to be just giving way to a round face.. which might be interesting (if Jony could get over the idea).. no I think at the moment this is too halfway and it would have looked better if they kept the proportions of the curves and came out with a different band sizing - You do need to separate the thoughts about your current investments in bands here as I have, I have quite a few and would be annoyed that they didn't fit but I'm more annoyed if it just doesn't look correct in proportions.

2. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

Just think is he previous cases look old and boring

3. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

To each their own, I find the curves more appealing than the squared ones.

4. Deguello macrumors 6502a

Deguello

I don't think it's a massive difference. I think the slightly more rounded corners make more sense with the increased dimensions.

5. Jason Hensley macrumors 6502a

Jason Hensley

I didn’t at first, but one week in I’m already liking them better than the design of my old S3.

6. PeteS1963 macrumors 6502

I agree. I prefer the look of the original. Especially with certain bands like the woven nylon. But it’s a personal thing.

7. evorc macrumors 6502a

evorc

Loving the new curves!!! The screen and the smaller bezel is sexy!