Not digging the new Safari.

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by mcdj, Jul 13, 2012.

1. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Now if I want to see my previous searches, I have to highlight and backspace the current URL out in order to get the dropdown list of searches. Totally clunky. Am I missing something?

I also don't like the new superwide tabs. I typically only use 2-3 tabs at once, meaning my pointer has to travel a lot further across the screen to get to a tab than previously. Again, am I missing something?

2. danb77 macrumors 6502

10 steps forward, 2 steps back. Some people will never be happy!

----------

Sorry if I sounded facetious, but Safari 6 in ML is the best browser I have ever used, so to complain about little things seems churlish at best!

3. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

As in Google Chrome, you should be able to simply click anywhere on the bar to auto-highlight the entire text field, meaning that you can click and immediately begin typing. It shouldn't be necessary to manually click and drag over the text, which is what I understand you to be describing.

4. danb77 macrumors 6502

Clicking highlights the address bar. He is complaining as he can't see his list of recent searches without pressing delete and downarrow.

5. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Sure we will. Just quit tinkering with crap that isn't broke and therefore needs no tinkering.

6. danb77 macrumors 6502

This isn't pointless tinkering. Omnibar is the future of UX for browsers. All mainstream browsers have adopted it, and for a good reason! If you can't see why, then go and download Netscape or something. ;-p

Edit: I just checked and Firefox still has a separate search bar, if you want that '90s browsing experience.

7. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

Ah! Sorry, thanks for the clarification. I'm slightly inebriated at the moment and failed to get this. :eek: