not downloading automatically... ?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by pure-rockstar, Jul 29, 2014.

1. pure-rockstar, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014

pure-rockstar macrumors regular

I have it enabled but I will not get any updates until I open the app. Same thing with podcasts.

Is that normal?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

That isn't how it works for me. You're talking about letting your phone auto-update apps, right? For me, it just happens. Try resetting your phone and see if it works.

3. pure-rockstar thread starter macrumors regular

U got push notifications on?

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

They don't update the second an update is released. The App Store will periodically check for updates throughought the day. When you open the App Store app, it will then force check for updates. If the App Store had not already recognized those updates, you'll see them pop up then. If it had already seen those updates and you were connected to wifi, then when you open the updates tab it will show those apps as having already been updated today.

5. pure-rockstar thread starter macrumors regular

Nothing pops up or updates until I open the App Store. That means when I check for updates, yes it appears but it's not installed, so then I have to wait for it to update.

I thought I could just pick up my phone and apps would update without even checking the App Store.

6. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

Settings/ iTunes&App Store/ Automatic downloads.....do you have it enabled?

7. pure-rockstar thread starter macrumors regular

I get it now.

It's automatic download, not automatic update.

It basically just downloads all your updates for you instead of having to tap on them one by one.

You're not just going to receive app updates while the phone is in standby.

8. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Well, sort of..it does update automatically..when it does its check for updates, if it finds any, it will download the updates and update the applications..so technically it does both. It just doesn't do it the moment the app update is pushed out, which is why sometimes you open it and then the app updates appear.