Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gregishere

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
Hey, couldn't figure out where to place this on the forums so I made it here. I know there have been 101 threads and articles on downgrading iOS 5 Beta to 4.3.3 and that everyone is basically suggesting the same method.

I've downloaded the older iTunes again and tried that. I have the iOS 4.3.3 ispw file and tried selecting that specifically. I've also tried the Tiny Umbrella method and each and every time I get the same error stating that my iPad is not eligible for this software.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I need mah HBO Go, Hulu, and Netflix!

Dumbledorelives

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2010
Hey, couldn't figure out where to place this on the forums so I made it here. I know there have been 101 threads and articles on downgrading iOS 5 Beta to 4.3.3 and that everyone is basically suggesting the same method.

I've downloaded the older iTunes again and tried that. I have the iOS 4.3.3 ispw file and tried selecting that specifically. I've also tried the Tiny Umbrella method and each and every time I get the same error stating that my iPad is not eligible for this software.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I need mah HBO Go, Hulu, and Netflix!

Ive been running into this problem a lot myself. Try downgrading with DFU from a different computer, if you have access to one. That did the trick for me.

gregishere

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
Ive been running into this problem a lot myself. Try downgrading with DFU from a different computer, if you have access to one. That did the trick for me.

Well thank you very much! I feel like I've taken a step towards being able to downgrade. Now I get a message saying "The iPad could not be restored. An unknown error occured (3194).....Any ideas?

joolze

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2010
I downloaded successfully using iTunes 10.5, not 10.3, maybe that is the problem...?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.