Not eligible for subsidized iphone.. there is still hope... maybe

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hmfic, Jun 24, 2008.

1. hmfic macrumors member

I don't know how many of you this applies to but if you're not eligible for an iPhone on your account but there is a line on your plan who is upgrade eligible you can use that accounts upgrade to buy the phone and activate it on your account.

An ATT CSR told me to do that on the phone when I was going crazy trying to figure out if I was eligible for the iPhone. Turns out I'm not but my brother who's been using the same crappy LG flip phone for the last 3 years is so I'm going to use his upgrade on my account.

I don't know if they would let you use the upgrade of someone who you don't share a plan with but it's worth a shot I guess. Just putting it out there for someone who may find it usefull.

2. TheFam macrumors member

3. MV ROB macrumors member

I got tired of checking the ATT website and dealing with them. I eventually found out im not eligible till next year. So I decided to call Apple and asked them to clarify the pricing. I asked if the price Steve stated at the keynote will be true for everyone. She assured me that if I walk into an Apple store I'll either pay 199 or 299. I will be more than happy to drive 3 hours to my nearest apple store before dealing with att nearby if they arent gonna give me a discount. She firmly stated that 199 and 299 are the retail prices. Im sure they are still hashing out all the details, but ill hold onto my hope for those set prices for everyone