Not eligible for upgrade until December. How do I get a 3gs!?!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by YoNadz, Jul 17, 2009.

1. YoNadz macrumors regular

I have a 3G right now and really wanna upgrade to the 3Gs. Sad thing is I'm not eligible for upgrade until December. If I go onto AT&T and tell the I lost my iPhone, will they give me the $299 price on the 3GS or full retail??? I wasn't sure if this might work to get around waiting till December.

2. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

No, that won't work. You need to wait. Unless you are eligible for early upgrade, then its $400.

3. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Why don't you just wait until next year's phone. You'll probably be saying the same thing then if you upgrade now.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You have three options
    1. beg and maybe they'll give it to you
    2. wait
    3. buy it now at the high price.

Option 1 probably won't work and unless you're willing to pay the premium price, you only option that wait.

5. christyn macrumors 6502a

your only options are to wait or pay the $399/$499 early upgrade price, which is still less than full retail.

6. samcraig macrumors P6

1. Breathe
    2. Wait until December.

Some of the MR posters are the most impatient people I have EVER witnessed.

Not to mention the most morally ambiguous. Really? You're going to commit fraud and tell ATT you lost your iPhone. They won't care. They'll be happy to sell you an iPhone for the price you're eligible for - not discounted.

... Even if you cry like a baby in the store...

7. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

I'm waiting until next year, that phone will be worth the price of upgrading I hope. If you upgraded from the 2G to the 3GS you are getting your monies worth. I'd rather pay less next year when my contract is up and maybe have the benifit of changing carriers (fingers crossed).

8. w3cum macrumors regular

You can always add a line to your account with the new iPhone and then drop everything from the other line so it is only 9.99 a month....

9. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    But you have to be in a family share price plan. Who would sign a new 2 year contract when the upgrade is only 4 months away?

10. w3cum macrumors regular

I didn't say it was a good idea... the original Poster is willing to commit fraud instead of waiting 4 months.. obviously we are not dealing with a rational person

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

just wait

you are only 5 months away or like others say wait till June,learn a little patience. ;)