Not Enough Disk Space to Copy "..."

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by SenileTomato, Jul 17, 2019.

1. SenileTomato macrumors member

This message comes up on my Macbook Pro Retina 15" running Mojave 10.14.5. It states that it needs additional disk space, which I find odd because I am attempting to copy files from one external HDD to another. There is more than enough disk space, over a terabyte actually. But somehow, my Mac thinks I need disk space on the internal SSD to do the transfer.

I have just completed a very large transfer before this of roughly 2TB within the same two drives.

What's going on? How can I transfer my files?

Attached Files:

2. jbarley macrumors 68040

jbarley

Have you actually followed the suggestion and looked at the Storage section?
    I only ask because you made no mention of checking.:)

3. SenileTomato thread starter macrumors member

Sorry, I thought it was clear I had when I said I have over a terabyte of disk space. I was not haha. storage AVAIALBLE is much more than the file transfer size. It is odd because it assumes I am transferring to my internal SSD be by the amount of space it says I need.

4. niji Contributor

niji

i have gotten the same message only when my Time Machine back (appeared) to fail then this message comes on as well.
    but rebooting solved it both times, including Time Machine itself backing up without problem.