Not enough free space to install app? But there is...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by likemyorbs, Mar 3, 2009.

1. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

I just got g-map east, and i tried to install it but i get an error that i dont have enough free space. the app is 800mb and i have 1.5gb free, what could possibly be the cause?

2. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

An app is 800MB?

When I upload an app to Apple, I have to compress it, and for my app (100sounds, which is mostly audio files that can't compress a ton) that takes it from 10MB down to 7.5MB. Text files could compress a lot more. Which means your 800MB app could really expand to more than 1.5GB when installed. That's a pretty serious app.

Try removing some of your media (videos, music, audiobooks), installing the app, and then reinstalling as much media as you can fit.

3. likemyorbs thread starter macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

4. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

They have some info on their support page... but not all that helpful. "iPhod" :p

If you can not install or upgrade to version1.2, upgrade your iPhone and iPhod touch OS, or please contact Apple side

9. I got the download error Message during installing/upgrading
    Before you installing and upgrading, you must upgrade your device to O.S.2.2.1. But if it is not working after that, the error during installation is the problem of APPLE server or network. If there's any problem during operating the application after downloading whole application, it can be application problem.
    Accordingly, any error during downloading should be asked to App store side.
    For your reference, even the 1st downloading was failed, however, once you connect to the network again, the downloading will start automatically again.

11. ITunes reports not enough space to install.
    Since our application is under 3GB, it should be downloadable.
    We suppose it's APPLE's server problem. For getting exact solution, Please, kindly contact APPLE side. At the same time, we'll also do the same test and ask to APPLE directly as well.

http://www.xroadgps.com/Maps/GMapforiPhone/FAQs/tabid/2497/Default.aspx#14

5. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

I've noticed this before. The impression I got was that you need enough space for the installer as well as for the installed app. So during the install you might need 1600MBs whereas after it's installed it will only take up 800MBs.