Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
So I'm in a bit of a TV quandary. I just got a Wii from my Mom and went to hook it up to my Samsung LED the other night and bad news. I don't have an input for it on my TV :(. My TV has four HDMI inputs, one component, USB, and I think a VGA. Currently I have three HDMI take up for cable, blu ray, and my HDMI to MDP. I have my XBOX 360 connected to the component port. That leaves One HDMI port open. The Wii came with composite cables and I know you can buy component ones but since my xbox is using that port that really doesn't solve the problem. I know xbox added hdmi support at some point but my xbox is not one of these consoles (had it forever). Does anybody know of a relatively affordable switch that can take composite/component and output hdmi to allow me to connect all this stuff together?

I looked at my blu ray and it won't allow me to connect composite and use it as a switch. I wasn't able to check the cable box but I'm guessing no and my receiver doesn't have the ability to do it either.

itickings

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2007
A component switch should solve eternlgladiator's problem... HDMI ports appear to be plentiful in this case, unusually enough.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.