Not enough space on my mac - HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bmansports17, Oct 17, 2010.

1. bmansports17 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,
    Here is some info on my macbook:
    Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook
    Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 4 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Bus Speed: 667 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: MB21.00A5.B07
    SMC Version (system): 1.17f0
    Serial Number (system): W872909JYQ7
    Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0019E344080D
    Sudden Motion Sensor:
    State: Enabled

I have ran into a space issue before, and managed to get by using programs like xslimmer and some that showed me what was taking up what space. I have done whatever i can think of to make free space. I deleted everything in my downloads, used all kinds of programs to make apps smaller, and stuff like that.
    Basically, my issue is that I just had to delete some movies to make room for a patch to a game I play. This game is coming out with an expansion pack soon, and will probably take up a lot of space. (not sure how much)

I have gotten an error saying something like "hardisk running low on space" or something like that.

I do not know what to do to free up space. Maybe I should invest in a new macbook?
    If so, whats good for me?

Thanks

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You can circumvent getting a new MacBook by getting a bigger HDD, either internal (up to 640/750 GB with a 2.5" S-ATA HDD with a maximum height of 9.5mm) or an external 2.5" or 3.5" of up to 1 or 2 TB to store your data on or to make backups, in case the internal fails, which is more likely to happen if it is constantly full and has less than 10% of its capacity free.
    www.macsales.com or www.newegg.com are trusted online shops for north american residents.

3. bmansports17 thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you mind linking me to an ideal one? Im not really knowledgeable with these things :confused:
    Are they easy to set up?

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Internal or external, if external: mobile (2.5", no power adapter) or for the desktop (3.5", with power adapter)?

5. bmansports17 thread starter macrumors newbie