All iPads Not enough Storage to download?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AppleMint, May 26, 2013.

1. AppleMint macrumors newbie

Hello all. For a while I have tried to download iMovie for my iPad. But every time I do I get a message that there is not enough available storage to download.

What I don't understand, is the info page on iTunes shows iMovie only needs 496 MB. However, my iPad has close to 1 Gig available.

I did a reset but this does not seem to have helped. Any ideas on what is happening there?

2. DMH3006 macrumors regular

It might only be a 496MB download but the app itself might be larger than 1GB after installation.

3. AppleMint thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I had thought it may be a compression issue, but 2x the size seems a little hard to believe. I believe the old rule of thumb was something like 30% more needed. But you may be right.

4. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Just uninstall some other apps or music and then put them back when you have installed iMovie. If space is a premium you will have to be selective on what you keep installed.

5. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

That's a major issue I have with many of Apple's apps. Too fat. I like iMovie on iOS but does it really need to be as big as it is. I never use the trailers, for example, so why are should they be taking up space. Why not let me download them when I want them only the ones I want. Same with themes. If they were free DLC there could also perhaps be more of them for us to pick from

6. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

There are other video apps that have fewer features.