Not enough storage to update apps

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mcclure, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Mcclure macrumors member

I'm trying to update Garage Band and have 1.7GB of free space. I think I am only using 12.1GB of a 16GB iPad and it is telling me I don't have enough available storage. I've been having this issue a lot lately, and usually have about 2GB of space available. Anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it?

2. miamihacker macrumors regular

3. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

You don't actually get 16 GBs on the 16 version. I think it's somewhere around 13 GBs so you may actually be cutting it real close. I'd delete a big app, (you can check from Settings>General>Usage) and then update GB. Then see how much space you have left.

4. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

I've been getting that too. It does it if I try to Update All, but if I update the apps all one at a time they work fine.

5. brand macrumors 601

brand

Get a 32GB or 64GB iPad.

6. john990 macrumors newbie

most of the times facebook app it's taking a lot of space. To free up some space try deleting the facebook app, and install it again

7. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

Inventory the Apps you actual use and delete the Apps you don't. You can always reload a deleted App later if you change your mind.

I had 70 Apps and deleted the ones I never used and now have only 54. I probably could delete 20 more if I wanted, and never miss them.

I purchased a 32GB iPad in the first week of sales and have 21GB free.