Not everything came thru with iOS 7

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by martosprint, Sep 25, 2013.

1. martosprint macrumors 6502

I just downloaded iOS 7, everything went okay and still looking around for apps that didn't get added to one of my folders titled "games". The game Hardwood Hearts for instance. I see it in the app store under purchased and I can click on it in there to play it but it doesn't appear on my home page. How can I get the icon for that game onto my home page so I can drag it into one of my folders? I will probably come across more apps that weren't transferred to my home page.
    thanks for a reply 

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Search your phone, it's on there. From any home page, swipe down from the middle of the page to bring up spotlight, type in the app name, and it will go to it. Then you'll have found it, and can move it where you want it.

3. martosprint thread starter macrumors 6502

Tyler, I used spotlight to find the app and open it, but there was no way to drag it onto the desktop and then into my folder with other games. By the way this is on my iPad 3. Thanks for the reply. Any other ideas?

4. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

Reset: hold down the Home and Sleep/Wake button at the same time for ~10sec, ignore the Slide to Power Off, the iPad will then Reset, Note: No data is lost during a Reset.

5. martosprint thread starter macrumors 6502

Hengen thanks, I did the reset but the icon for that game is still in limbo and it still does not show up on the home page or any other page for that matter. I can do a search and the app shows up and I can launch the game however. I just can't seem to get the icon to show up on the home screen to place it into my personal game folder. thanks for the reply. 

6. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

I had a similar issue with some videos of TV shows I had bought. Store said they were downloaded, app said I had no video content.

I tried reboots, restarts. Checked usage and it also said video was zero so I couldn't delete them and try again.

I ended up erasing and trying to restore again. Which was annoying but it worked.