not everything restored from backup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DeniseDaniels, Dec 10, 2015.

1. DeniseDaniels macrumors newbie

I've just created a backup on my iPhone 4S and restored to to my new iPhone 6 but not everything is there. All the apps were synced correctly but not their data. I'm for example missing all my e-mail accounts in the Mail app, all text messages. I created / restored the backup using iTunes on the same mac.

what's wrong ?

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

When you took the backup, did you do the option to encrypt it? Backups that aren't encrypted don't include some data when restored. But the text messages missing sounds weird. Is your new iPhone on the latest iOS version for it?

3. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Did you use iCloud to backup/restore? If so, it can take a while and if you don't have a good connection it may or may never fully restore correctly. This has happened to me several times while attempting to restore over a bad wifi connection in a hotel for example. In each case the resolution was to wait for a decent wifi connection, then start the restore process over again.

4. posguy99, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015

posguy99 macrumors 6502

The email accounts would be there in an unencrypted backup, the passwords on them would not be.