Not feeling all haptic notifications?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MarkWade, Jun 9, 2015.

1. MarkWade macrumors newbie

This took me ages to figure out so am just posting in case anyone else is having this problem. After receiving my Apple Watch yesterday I didn't feel like I was getting a tap for all notifications - it made sound - but no tap.

It seems that if you have notifications set to mirror your phone (the default) it will base whether or not a notification warrants a tap based on if that notification is set up to make your phone vibrate (which I had turned off).

So I set my phone to vibrate for notifications. Now I get the taps fine.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Hmm, I have all vibrations set to OFF on my iphone and I still get taps when a Message arrives on my watch (its set to mirror iphone).

3. Donstil-nl macrumors 6502

Donstil-nl

Me to, never liked my phones to vibrate so never used it.
    The watch still gives feedback, there is no need to put it on on the iPhone.

4. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

I think you guys are talking about two different things. If you turn sound off for specific notifications in push notification settings on your iPhone, you won't get taptic feedback for those notifications on your Apple Watch.

If you turn off vibration completely in the Sound settings on your iPhone, you should still get feedback on your watch. Whether or not you get the feedback on the watch depends on whether the notifications are set to produce sound & vibration on the phone- not the overall sound settings for your iPhone.

Does that make sense?

Tuck