Not feeling the "spark"?!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by xriderx11, Nov 29, 2010.

1. xriderx11 macrumors regular

Ok iv been a PC user for all my life! I got my first apple product (itouch) when the 2nd gen just came out!.... i loved them sooo much i bought a new one every time a new gen came out! I currently have a 4rth generation and i love it so much i want to buy a mac or a ipad or a macbook.... Since todays my birthday i went to my local Mall to go shopping for stuff and i came across the apple store and i never been to a apple store, so i went in there to see what they had and to try out stuff.... I tryed the Ipad and it felt like a bigger itouch but i would buy it if it had a USB plug and a webcam ... the Macbooks were nice, espicially the the air... It was VERY light which i loved... the only problem was that it has a slow processer.

I tryed the macbook pro and the regular macbook but the screen was to dim! ( i like my laptops nice and bright like my Asus laptop) . i also tryed the Imac while i was at it and i LOVED it... it was bright, affordable (for a mac lol) and it had a big screen and the graphics were nice... BUT the keyboard is VERY small and tight!!!! but im currently happy with my desktop so i think i don't need one....

Also when trying out the macbooks and ipads i didnt feel the spark... like that i REALLY want... but no, there was none!.... :confused::confused:

Do you think the next generation of the macbook will have a brighter screen???

Or should i get the next generation ipad????

Im so confused , , i dont know what to get :p

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Did you adjust the brightness on the display at all? They get pretty bright, like enough to be painful at night. Plus the lighting is pretty bright in the apple store, which makes the screens seem a bit dimmer.

3. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

My screen was dim when I first turned it on, and stayed that way until I discovered the dimness settings thingie. Never been problem otherwise w the screen. Well, never been any problems at all.. :D

Mac laptops are higher quality than the iMacs imo. When I bought mine, it was the best you could get - and of course specs-wise it's fallen behind but four years later I still love it. Best computer I've ever had. Give it a chance.. pretty soon you'll go back and try a Windows machine and wonder how you handled it for so many years.

4. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I have to agree with the others that the displays may have been turned down. The new ones I have used are uncomfortably bright at max settings. I keep my 2006 MB turned down a few notches most of the time.

5. Eclipse278 macrumors regular

Also worth noting that any usb or Bluetooth keyboard will work on a Mac.